Demand We Were Wolves!!!



Demand We Were Wolves in your city!
Learn more about the Eventful Demand for We Were Wolves

Upcoming Events by Eventful

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

They say familiarity breeds contempt. Yeah, maybe. I think that's been the basis for my problems with coping with breakups. Sure, even after a lengthy relationship ends for mutually acceptable reasons, I can become sentimental, but I can pretty easily get over that and resume laughing at fart jokes and mindlessly gawking at gorgeous celebrities.

The last couple of relationships I let myself believe existed were long distance, and therefore lacked familiarity. I tried to stay in touch, to some degree, but unintentionally sabotaged myself by acting on emotions. Had I been less emotional, I feel I would have become familiar enough with the women involved to actually realize, instead of hopefully assume, that despite all the fun, we weren't going to be happy together. But alas, I did as I do, and though I'm generally happy and optimistic, I still find myself awake at 1:51 am, writing blog posts about obsessing over some girl who very deeply and passionately doesn't give a rat's ass how I feel, so long as our mutual friends don't know for sure that it's her I'm referring to.

Why'd she give me a chance in the first place?

I know I'm not perfect husband material. The fact that I won't quit my band to be perfect husband material is proof that that is true, and it doesn't really bother me. That doesn't mean that I have any appreciation for some heartless fling.

No comments: